BEMS Destination Imagination
The Mixed Frequencies Team won one of three coveted Renaissance Award. This award recognizes teams who demonstrate extraordinary amounts of effort and preparation, outstanding skill in engineering, design and performance.
Mixed Frequencies also won First Place in the Science Challenge. This challenge blends the research and curiosity of science with the thrill and creativity of the theater arts.
Elements that must be included in the Science Challenge are:
- Create and present a story about a secret mission.
- Research and apply methods from cryptography and steganography to reveal secret messages.
- Design and create a gadget that appears to be an everyday item.
- Create and integrate a disguised character into the story.
- Create and present two Team Choice Elements that show off the team’s interests, skills, areas of strength, and talents.
Team Members are:
- Geoffrey Sims
- Ethan Blackford
- Charlotte Bryant
- Annalise Robbins
- Sydney Wilson
- Sadie Breeding
- Renee Burris Sims--Team Manager
Mixed Frequencies will compete in the DI Globals in Knoxville, TN from May 24-27, 2017.
DI teams that advance past Regional and Affiliate (state/country) Tournaments are invited to participate in Global Finals—the world’s largest celebration of student creativity. Each May, more than 1,400 of the top-scoring DI teams from 45 U.S. states and 14 countries gather in Knoxville, Tennessee to showcase their innovative Challenge solutions. More than 17,000 people attend the event each year. The scheduled festivities include the Destination Imagination Tournament, interactive exhibits, pin trading, skills workshops, international events and more.